Delicious Detoxifying Hot Cocoa
This herbal detoxifying hot cocoa is extremely decadent. When getting the ingredients, purchase in bulk because you will always want this on hand during the chillier months. For children, omit the valerian and herbs. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons fresh valerian root
- 3 3/4 cups homemade almond milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon balm leaves
- 3 teaspoons fresh lavender flowers
- 6 leaves and 3 heads from fresh passion flowers
- peel of 1 1/2 oranges
- 1 3/4 ounces dark chocolate
- dash vanilla extract
Chop the top and bottom from the fresh valerian root, and then place in a saucepan with the almond milk, lemon balm, lavender, passion flowers and orange peel and gently heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
Strain all the bits for a smooth consistency.
Pour the infused almond milk back into the pan, and then add the dark chocolate and vanilla extract and stir until melted.
Want to find more healing herb recipes? Check out these quick and delicious stress free healing bars!http://nutritionwithrobyn.com/2018/01/09/ashwagandha-healing-bars/